Sunday, 24 April 2016

My Mussel Bed

First attempt

It's Saturday and I find myself studying the weather, tides and wondering what might be lurking out there on the mussel beds I found last year on sunny drive last year. Flatties or even a plaice .. so out comes the tackle box, beads, hooks, amnesia and like a man possessed I am making new rigs at the kitchen worktop ready for the off in the morning. A trip to Gerry's of Morecambe http://www.gerrysfishing.com/ a few days before had found me interested in some circle hooks and I was keen to try them on my new rigs ..
Sunday arrives and I load my rods and fishing gear into the car .. and then my 2 year old .. and then my sturdy child backpack ... then my eager girlfriend followed by fluffy toys, nappy bags, warm clothing and everything else that accompanies a growing family, but off we go in record time car packed with the precision of a Ninja warrior.
Fishing is a sport that I did not realise these were so many elements to consider, but I am learning all the time, every visit to the shore adds a new experience, a new piece of knowledge often given by another fisherman keen to share their own experiences.  It's always nice to catch something but to be fair it's still a game of chance, but this time .. a knock .. another aggressive knock and much to my delight a fish !
 
Family and fishing .. perfect
 

No comments:

Post a Comment